Fitness habits I formed in my 20s! Get a month FREE on FIIT premium using my link (HIIT, strength training, yoga, combat, pilates, weights and breathwork exercise classes! Head to the checkout and select your membership to receive the free month!): http://getfiit.tv/melanie (ad)
► Habits I formed in my 20s full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEOdtoJghxaLC48sWo_CRlIVKWAhYgihf
► DISCUSSED in this video:
- A BAD HABIT I formed & then had to break...workout out for the wrong reasons and only just to 'burn' or 'earn' food - so bad! An obsession around how you look is not conducive to form a positive exercise habit!
- Intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation chat (wanting a 'perfect beach body' overnight VS wanting to live a longer healthier life to have better quality of life)
- Training happy/moving my body in a way that makes me feel good and comes from a place of care and respect...finding workouts I love! Avoiding workouts that I don't enjoy (long distance running, spinning class, ew lol)
- Mixing up workouts! FIIT app & how I use it! (free month access to premium here: http://getfiit.tv/melanie)
- Making exercise accessible / at home workouts
- Slowly building a workout bag / investing in gear (lifting gloves, knee sleeves, reusable water bottle, notebook for tracking, good headphones
- A GOOD PLAYLIST
- Slow and steady wins the race. Allowing myself time to improve and sometimes accepting that all I need to do is maintain ... progress isn't always linear etc
- Track and celebrate little wins
- Don't follow uninformed people online/follow people who know what they're talking about
- Importance of activation exercises for mind muscle connection & stretches! I never used to bother with this stuff but it's KEY
- Self belief, aligning actions with desires
- Working out with intensity once I learned and perfected my form (ALWAYS working on form, though!)
- Power poses & approaching the weights with confidence
- Workout buddy/workout group - it's so much easier and more fun to go with people and you can all hold one another accountable! If you have nobody, invest in a trainer or in an app like FIIT (link up above for free month!) where you can exercise with a trainer!
- FUEL YOUR WORKOUTS before and after! You can't make progress if you're running on nothing!
► My widely popular self-care journal line (the 'Me Time' journals! CURRENTLY SOLD OUT of the original, will be back in stock in 2020 but there are a few of the soft back refills left): https://de.stilnest.com/collections/melanie-murphy?ls=en
► My bestselling novel "If Only" (about a woman who can glimpse parallel versions of her life! If you enjoy my content you'll love this read!) FREE SHIPPING: https://www.bookdepository.com/If-Only-Melanie-Murphy/9781473691773
► "Fully Functioning Human (Almost): Living In An Online/Offline World" (my first book, all about me, my life experiences and everything I talk about on this channel in much more detail!) FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING: https://www.bookdepository.com/Fully-Functioning-Human--Almost-/9781473639164
► Follow me/say hi/stalk me here:
A section of this video is sponsored by FIIT, the world's number 1 rated fitness app, which is an incredible resource for people on the go, people who can't access a gym and/or people who want to mix up their workouts! Suitable for beginners and those of us who have exercised for years :)